Saly's Reviews > Smoke And Mirrors

Smoke And Mirrors by Jenna Mills

3192922
Jun 15, 11

bookshelves: harlequin-silhouette, sil-intimate-moments, category-romance, cops-law-enforcement-security
Recommended to Saly by: Mojca
Read in June, 2011

I enjoy all the SIM by Jenna Mills mostly. They have such multi-layered characters and this book is no exception.

Cass is a cop, who is undercover at a hotel to catch Derek, a rich tycoon who the police think is involved in a lot of illegal activities with a known criminal. Cass is a dedicated cop but she is someone who suffered a great loss, when she lost her husband and child.

Derek Mansfield is a charming, mysterious and seductive man with a bad reputation. He runs into Cass when she is in a difficult position and this pattern is repeated often in the book. Each meeting is sexually charged. I loved how slowly different layers were peeled away. We see Derek, as a protective brother who had a terrible step-father, we see him show his real self to Cass without the charm. We see Cass struggle with her job and her growing attraction to Derek.

Derek is in a precarious position and tries to push away Cass. I loved seeing the trust and love grow between them amidst the secrets. The book had conflict, sexual tension and more in abundance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smoke And Mirrors.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I really liked this one, Saly. Glad you liked it too.

Saly Lady Danielle it had so much going on despite being a category :)