James's Reviews > Shadow's Son

Shadow's Son by Jon Sprunk

Jun 30, 11

What can I say? I enjoyed this book, it was serious yet light at the same time which meant that it was an easy, almost fun read.

There were a few problems with it that I found, such as the speed with which Caim and Josey fell in love - ok, I know it's a book and they can't stretch it out, but the way that Jeosy just accepted Caim as he was and started to love him in all of, what?, five days? Didn't sit right with me.

There were a few other iffy things, but nothing that really stood out. In fact, it was a good book. One that I enjoyed reading, and will read again. I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel and I suggest that you start reading it too.

The funny thing that I found with this book is that that author shares the same writing styles as me. It was actually freaky; everything that he wrote was in my writing voice and if I didn't know better I could have sworn I was reading my own work. This is the first time that I have ever come across this, and while it was slightly perturbing, it just gives me the knowledge that there are people out there who will read my writing style - just got to hope that my ideas are up to scratch.

Anyway, ignore that ramble, pick this book up for a good, easy read. It was easily a 3.5 stars, but not quite deserving of a four.

Have fun reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow's Son.