Laura's Reviews > The Accidental Creative: How to Be Brilliant at a Moment's Notice

The Accidental Creative by Todd Henry

Jul 10, 11

Read in July, 2011

This book is a must-read for two groups of people: Those who create (write, design, film, craft, etc.) and those who lead teams of people who do creative work. Todd Henry has synthesized the material from his highly popular podcast "The Accidental Creative" and his experience coaching organizations into a powerhouse of a book. We are all striving to produce more while wondering where the "more" is supposed to come from. This book walks you through some revolutionary practices, that if implemented have the potential to move you to creative freedom. For example, Todd takes a holistic approach when he recommends we do "whole life planning" not just planning for specific, independent projects. What we do in our personal time affects our work, and vice versa. I have personally found it most helpful to implement Todd's quarterly checkpoints as a way to manage my family. The result is less time spent depleted and more time filled and ready to create. There are many takeaways just like that throughout the book. It's an inspiring read and provided me with a jump-start to my creative life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Creative.