Honey's Reviews > Stranger In Black

Stranger In Black by Devon Rhodes

Jun 16, 11

This is the second book I've read by Devon Rhodes and she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. The premise was a little far-fetched but it's fiction after all and it worked for the purpose of the story.

If I have to read a book with cheating in it I want it to be handled exactly the way it was handled in this story. I want the character who is cheated on to act like Christian (Mira in this aspect was dissapointing to say the least) and say "I lost a lot of respect for you when I learned about it. And it killed any love I ever had for you". I don't want the cheating to be glorified or OK or the character who did it to be one of the heroes and everything be forgiven and forgotten.

I also really liked both main characters, proven by the fact that even when I didn't agree with them I still liked them. Christian's banter with his best friend David and joking about doubting his heterosexuality was a lot fun. I really do wish David wasn't straight and he could get his own story! Jarrod was great too, he was sophisticated, mature and intelligent and perfect for showing Christian what real love was and that trust doesn't have to be broken in a relationship.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger In Black.