Cindy Ramirez's Reviews > The Fury / Dark Reunion

The Fury / Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith

Mar 23, 14

bookshelves: the-vampire-diaries

Yes, Five stars, and I can't deny I'm a huge fan of the series. The Struggle left me wanting to read more, and luckily I did the wisest choice to buy the whole first trilogy when I bought The Awakening and The Struggle. The suspense of Elena's mishap, per say since I don't want to give spoilers, just had me awake the whole night. [I'm the type of reader who doesn't like to rush herself to finish a book, as great as it might be; I like to enjoy reading at my own pace] This book begins with the newly turned Elena watching Damon and Stefan engaged in a fight which would end in either or both of their death's since it obvious Stefan has gained strength. Initially, Elena does not recognize the brothers due to her confused state, having recently returned as a vampire, but soon a flicker of memory causes her to realize the one she loves is hurt and needs her help. I thought, as she described her love for one of the brother's that she was referring to Stefan, but I was given a shock. It wasn't only that she thought Damon was her true love since I had a feeling that would happen, but it was her actions against Stefan that truly surprised me. Elena attacks Stefan and fully intends to kill him for hurting Damon. However, Stefan doesn't fight back and he allows her to bite him, which I thought was a true confirmation of his deep love for her. Damon eventually commands her to stop and takes her in search of human blood but Stefan intervenes, not wanting Elena to kill someone, and instead makes her drink Matt's blood, under his will, with no compulsion involved. However, Matt is later in shock and weary a few days after his encounter with the new transformation of Elena. Afterwards, Damon hides her in Alaric Saltzman's (the new teacher at Robert E. Lee High School) attic and once she has rested, her disorientation begins to lift. Elena is deeply bothered and upset about the way she attacked Stefan. When Elena wakes up she hears Alaric speaking about vampires and then about a memorial service which she attends and realizes that it is hers, but most surprisingly, that she sees some of her classmates and that some even cry. Later, Elena is found by Stefan and Damon, who agreed that all of them would work together. Stefan is relieved when Elena remembers their love and Damon is deeply upset, but the three are distracted as strange events lead the three vampires, with the help of Bonnie, Meredith, Matt and Alaric, to conclude that the same Power which forced Elena off of the bridge is still stalking the town. This is where Katherine, Elena's evil doppelganger is introduced, which explains Stefan's hostile attitude with Elena at the beginning in The Awakening and Damon pursuing her in the first place. In The Fury, you learn a lot about Katherine, from her younger years as a human, and her after life as a vampire, turned by Klaus, in love with the Salvatore brothers. It also explains Katherine's plan 500 years ago, and why she attacked Elena in The Struggle. The Dark Reunion starts off from where The Fury left off, where a greater source of power has infiltrated Fells Church, putting its inhabitants in danger, and the ending is the most surprising yet, for Elena's friends, including Damon, and myself.
It is from here, where Elena, Stefan, and Damon become closer together, and everyone's loyalty is tested, especially Damon's in the Dark Reunion.
I ensure you that The Fury and the Dark Reunion, the last installments in the first trilogy of The Vampire Diaries, is a complete mystery(where you cannot trust your own theory to be right)until the very end. And yes, the ending of both stories is shocking as well. Some characters you will continue to love, and others, you will love and hate at the same time.
So, go to your nearest library, your local bookstore, any other store [It doesn't have to be a book store, I go to Target] or online, and sink your teeth into The Fury and Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith, of Elena and her friends set out to save the town from evil.

[I recommend visiting the amazing author's, L.J. Smith, website for more stories and sneak peeks; http://www.ljanesmith.net/]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fury / Dark Reunion.