Micheale's Reviews > The Eighty-Dollar Champion: Snowman, the Horse That Inspired a Nation

The Eighty-Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts

Jun 14, 11

Read in June, 2011

This was a ARC read for me and I am so glad I got it!
As a horse rider myself I am critical of most books that are written with horses as the main character. Most authors make the horses too much in personality like people and then the author adds insult by making the trainer/rider/person into some mystical magical being. So, I was ready to be evermore critical of this one.

But I was WRONG! Elizabeth Letts got this right! This is not just about a horse and a rider, it really is about an era that is long gone and never coming back again. Her facts and time line seemed to flow well with the story that she wove.

Snowman and Harry made a great team. While I am not a jumper of any sort, I love the thrill of finding that connection with my horse and being able to enjoy it. I think Elizabeth captured that in this story about a horse, a man, and a time that we will not see again.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eighty-Dollar Champion.