Debi's Reviews > The Russian Affair

The Russian Affair by Michael Wallner

F 50x66
Jul 05, 11

Read from June 14 to July 01, 2011

(NEWER) Before I left for vacation I noticed that this book was due at the library. Rather than bring it along and pay the small late fee, I chose to return it. I guess that's saying something about it. It was okay as it went along...Anna, the main character had an affair with a member of the Russian Ministry. Her husband knew about it and chose to ignore it. She then was approached by some individuals to relay information to them on this Ministry dude. She became a spy. Sounds interesting but it sort of just moved along at a regular pace. Anna was an interesting character, but it lacked any spark. The part where her husband gets stationed in some remote part of Russia was a bit more exciting, but it was only one chapter. We couldn't really get to know him very well. So, maybe I would have finished it if it wasn't overdue, ha ha, but I wasn't dying to read this each night. It started to feel like a bit of a chore.

(OLDER)I just started this book in what I will call my "Russian Series" in preparation for my trip to Moscow in October. So far, this book is pretty good, but I'm not very far into it. I like the main character so far, but I'm only on page 65 and they're still setting up the plot and the rest of the characters. Some of the Russian names are a bit confusing and I had to flip back once or twice, but I keep reaching for the book when I have down time (hahahahaha) so that's a good sign.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Russian Affair.