Tara's Reviews > If I Lie

If I Lie by Corrine Jackson

Sep 25, 12

bookshelves: 2012debut, challenge-ccc2012, challenge-dac2012, released-wishlist
Read on July 18, 2012

Review originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2012/09/if-i-li...

If I Lie by Corrine Jackson is a brilliant and stunning debut. I love those contemps that really bring out the emotion and the tears and If I Lie definitely accomplished that.

There was a lot of depth to If I Lie, a lot of complex, real, and relevant issues facing us today. The bullying in If I Lie was absolutely shocking and heartbreaking and really made me think about the issues at hand.

And man, the mean girls are MEAN in If I Lie.

I loved Quinn, the protagonist of If I Lie. I loved the way she stuck to her decisions no matter what. Quinn was ballsy and brave and she got dealt a shitty card, but she didn’t back down. And all the family drama on top of all the stuff Quinn was dealing with – I loved it! There is nothing I love more than reading about screwed up families and If I Lie was another brilliant, screwed up family to add to my favourites list.

The twist, so to speak, in If I Lie was fairly predictable, but at the same time, I didn’t even think the twist was the focus of If I Lie. I loved reading about how Quinn handled her bullying and how she dealt with her feelings and all the things going on with her family.

Basically, you need to pick up If I Lie by Corrine Jackson. If I Lie is a fantastic debut that highlights very relevant issues today. The characters are all very well done – even the antagonists felt very dimensional to me, no oen fell flat. If you’re looking for a great contemp, I definitely recommend If I Lie by Corrine Jackson.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Lie.