Jeannie and Louis Rigod's Reviews > Hexes and Hemlines

Hexes and Hemlines by Juliet Blackwell

Jun 15, 2011

Read from June 14 to 15, 2011

Oh, I just adore this series. My only problem is that I would enjoy reading one novel per month in it...poor Author groans.

Seriously, I love the location, San Francisco, Ca. I love the characters or find them extremely interesting, such as our lovely witch sleuth, Lily, her mentor, Aidan, her friends, Bronwyn, Maya, and of course, who can't be enamored with Oscar, the Pig. There are several other characters that are now gaining the stage...like Sailor and his Auntie, Herve and I could go on and on.

The SFPD starts Lily's troubles when they ask for her unofficial help in assessing a murder scene. Lily is perplexed by what she views. On top of it, Bronwyn asks for Lily's help with her daughter. Although warned off the case by Aidan, Lily feels she has to aid her new friends. Now, we have a fight among witches and forest dwellers and oh so much more. Why? In the name of Beauty.

I find the amount of data and details that Ms. Blackwell uses in this series to be compelling reading. I do realize it is a work of fiction, but, you do ask yourself, "Just how much is fiction?" or "I wonder the amount of research that has been done?"

I found this book to be entertaining, credible to an extent, and makes me want to read the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hexes and Hemlines.

06/14/2011 page 207