Yosep's Reviews > The 33 Strategies of War

The 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene

Aug 03, 11

Read from June 14 to August 03, 2011

I'm agreeing with the consensus here that this books picks up where 48 Laws left off. It is a little bit long, and took me a while to read, but it was worth it. It's not as mental foundation-shaking as 48 Laws was, but it is filled still with strategic wisdom and raw advice. It is also delightfully garnished with interesting tales from history where people used innovated strategies to their success. I'm setting out to read biographies on Napoleon, Machiavelli, and Hitchcock to name a few because this book has really piqued my interest in them.

Also, I am happy to see that Greene has included a few stories about Miyamoto Musashi, a grand strategist of his time and possibly the best strategist who ever lived. I know and have read a great deal about Musashi and Greene definitely does him justice.

If you like Greene's style of writing and the template used in 48 Laws, you will most likely enjoy and benefit from this book. It is definitely not as eye-opening as 48 Laws, nor as interesting, but if you are fascinated by strategy or have interest in being strategic or just plain want to understand strategy, set this one on the back of the toilet and give it a good old fashioned once-over, however long it takes.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 33 Strategies of War.