Tony Keefer's Reviews > The Trap

The Trap by Michael  Grant

Jun 27, 11

bookshelves: bookaday-summer-2011, middle-grade-fantasy, middle-grade-action-adventure, read-2011
Read from June 14 to 27, 2011

This was a very fun follow-up to the first book in the series. Michael Grant's writing style in this series is very fun. Tongue-in-cheek sequences sandwiched between high action give the adventure in this story a little bit of comical fun. I am sure that many middle grade/middle school readers will devour The Trap.

It will be interesting to see where the next installment will take the main characters, especially the villainous Paddy "Nine-Iron" Trout. I loved the backstory that Grant wrote into this book. It was like the Godfather meets Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Also Mack has started to become a more complicated character. I enjoyed seeing his thinking more in this story as he his processing the nearly impossible task of rustling up the rest of the Mag 12 and stopping the Pale Queen. The most interesting side character introduction in this book was Thor. I loved the idea that Asgard is in disarray and Thor is doing nothing but playing guitar, trying to learn Led Zeppelin songs. Another side note to this is that Odin has become a super fan of a lousy German Soccer team. Grant may have disrupted Rick Riordan's plans to create a new series that centers on Norse Mythology. :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trap.