Jane's Reviews > The Uninvited

The Uninvited by Tim Wynne-Jones

5202469
Jul 02, 11

Read in June, 2011

Wow! This was another "I-am-so-glad-I-read-it-books." An awesome mystery unfolds and then another and another... Just when you think you are going to solve the mystery, another change takes place. I wasn’t sure why this was in the YA books because of the two main characters ages- one is in college and the other graduated college. It does have swearing in it, but no intimate situations. You finish a troubling year in college after having had an affair with your professor and breaking it off only to discover that he isn't wanting to release you. So you head out to your estranged father's Canadian cabin up north for some time alone to think and regroup without being bothered. He says the key is under the mat, but when you arrive, someone is already living in the house. Someone who has been having some problems with dead birds being left on the doorstep. And really, it wasn't you. Then he says that his father owns the place and the story explodes from there. I read this staying up all night until it was finished. A great book to read this summer! Take it with you when you go on vacation! You will not be disappointed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Uninvited.