Carrie's Reviews > Tempus

Tempus by Tyra Lynn

Jul 23, 11

bookshelves: kindle

I don't think I've been as affected or moved by a book since Twilight...until now. I don't even have the words to express how I feel. I have read a lot of paranormal romance lately and loved almost all of them. Excellent writing, characters, plot...I have even felt completely engaged in the story. But this book was different. I WAS Jessie...no, I'm not crazy, but the author's words were like actual emotions to me. The scenes between Jessie and Gabriel were so incredibly intimate and intense without them actually doing anything! They were breathing or he was looking into her eyes. Absolutely incredible! I often found myself crying. And at the end, I did cry. It was so perfect and moving.
In the beginning of the book, I was feeling like Jessie was a little immature. I could tell the author was good, but I wasn't sure how much Jessie would bug me. But then I got to know her and it turns out she's just spastic (for lack of a better word) and energetic and fun! I loved her! She made me laugh right out loud sometimes with her musings! Her internal dialogue was often hilarious!
This is just such an amazing read that if you haven't decided whether of not to give it a chance...DO! I will be anxiously awaiting the next book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempus.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristi Wow, it's gotten a ton of 5 star ratings! It seems like I've heard of it, but haven't at the same time. I'll definitely give it a chance. Thanks for the recommendation!

Kristi Is it only available on the kindle?

Carrie From what I can tell, it's only on Kindle and Nook. Time to get one?! ;) It would be worth it just to read this book!!