Kelly's Reviews > The Naked Truth

251943
Jun 13, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, sci-fi, read-in-2011
Read on June 13, 2011

Sexy sci-fi is the ultimate escape for me. I love the potential futures that are presented, the aliens that we might someday meet, the idea that there's so much more out there than what we know right now. Plus, there's that whole sexy aspect of the sexy sci-fi genre. It turns out that futuristic sex is yummy.

This book really hit the spot as far as the sexy sci-fi goes. I mean, a sexy alien who can initiate mind-to-mind contact? I like it so far. The fact that his race celebrates the sensual pleasures? Even better. His charge being a damaged soldier whom he's extremely attracted to and wants to protect? Excellent! I loved how hard he tried to soothe her mind and help her heal from her trauma. Usually I like the damaged party to be the male in a relationship (I love it when those big strong Alphas crumble and need to be put back together), but this reversal of roles worked for me.

With The Naked Truth, Lilly Cain has given us a fun and fast-paced story chock full of strong aliens, damaged heroines, spaceships and pirates.

**I want so badly to slip in a mention about scurvy here and I have to keep reminding myself that these are SPACE pirates, not pirate-pirates. Although, it's always possible that there's scurvy in space. Maybe it's not probable, but the possibility exists. Right? Someone tell me I'm right because scurvy and pirates go hand in hand in my head. Whether they're space pirates or not.**

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Naked Truth.