Brooks's Reviews > When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden: What the Government Should Be Telling Us to Help Fight the War on Terrorism

When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden by Bill Maher

Mar 12, 08

Read in January, 2005

Bill Maher lost his show back in 2002 when he said that the 9/11 terrorists were not cowards. He wrote this book to highlight what the government should be telling us rather than the misinformation and terror alert level we get (Code Orange, do I need a sweater today?). His major points: 1) Ask Americans to Sacrifice – in WWII, we had to give up to defeat the enemy. JFK, “ask what you can do for your country”. Bush says drive more and consume more. 2) Political Correctness – We should use racial profiling –why wouldn’t we spend more time looking at young, Arab males. 3) Know the enemy – Sun Tzo and Patten, “Rommel you stupid bastard, I read your book”. The whole issue of “why do they hate us?” – they hate because we care so little about the rest of the world to even now why they hate us. Our airport screeners can not tell the differences between an Arab and a Mexican. Americans are proud of our lack of knowledge of foreigners (including our President). “I’ll never understand people who interpret the Bible literally and the constitution loosely”.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden.