Yvonne Powderly's Reviews > Fire Will Fall

Fire Will Fall by Carol Plum-Ucci

F_50x66
Jun 13, 11

Read in June, 2011

I didn't know until lately that this is the sequel to Streams of Babel. This novel stands by itself, but for greater interest you probably should read the first.
The story is told in alternating chapters which is a downer for me. I lose track of what's happening or if I don't like a character I resent reading about them too much; if I like a character I want to skip over to they parts where he/she is featured. Anyway, this is not my kind of format.
The story: Trinity Falls' water supply was infected with a virus when bioterrorists attacked. The four teens who were the most affected by the virus are moved to a big mansion so that their health can be monitored. Symptoms and emotional issues form the backbone of the narrative. Two other teens are introduced. These two are searching for clues to the bio-terrorists, and what these crazies are up to next.
Will the teens recover from the virus and its effects? Will the terrorist succeed in launching another attack? Read the book to find out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Will Fall.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maia (new)

Maia Davis I was the same way. I didn't know this was a sequel until after reading it. I also agree that the book does stand alone. Your don't have to read the first book in order to know what's going on in the next one which is a pro. A con i didn't like was that the chapters were split between each character. I felt the same way you did and every now and then I got lost between events. The situation with the other kids (not the Trinity Four) that were trying to help catch the terrorists really confused me. I didn't know what was going on and how they had anything to do with the Four and their story.