Emily's Reviews > Fateful

Fateful by Claudia Gray

Jun 13, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, favorites, historical-fiction, library, love-the-cover, paranormal-romance, paranormal, really-liked, ya-romance, werewolves, young-adult, review, wishlist
Read from November 18 to 22, 2011

Wow. Before I read this book I never thought I would like reading about the Titanic, but did Claudia Gray ever prove me wrong.

This book is amazing. The plot was so complex, and the characters were so good. If Claudia Gray had picked a single other historical event and had the same paranormal stuff going on, I don't think it would have worked half as well. The plot was amazing, all the events happening and flowing together and leading up to one another. The way Gray wrote Tess's situation, it was like she was pretty much guaranteed to be killed, but somehow, she always managed to survive and keep her cool. If I had been in that situation, with some lunatic werewolf coming after me, I would have freaked. :p

I love Tess. I love her name, I love her strong will, and I love her defiance. She is the kind of strong female character that all books like this need, and she's so sweet to Mr. Marlowe and Miss Irene. She is the perfect character for this book.

I hate Mikhail. Hate, hate, hate him. But in a way I also like him because his evilness and ruthlessness was what made this book as good as it is. He is the perfect villain.
I really, really wanted Tess to take Irene with her when she quit her job, because I just felt so bad for her. Her mother is so mean, and Irene is so kind and different from the rest of her family.
Alec *swooning*. OH MY GOSH!!! I love Alec. He is so cute! He is so kind and gentle, and he really feels bad about what he does when he is "different". (I won't say anything more because I would give away the story.)

All in all, this is a really sweet romantic fantasy that I think everyone will love. And you also learn about the Titanic :P

~Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fateful.

11/18/2011 page 20
12/16/2013 marked as: must-get-these
12/18/2013 marked as: read

Mimi Valentine I felt the exact same way!! Alec? TOTALLY SWOON-WORTHY! I just LOVED him!! <3 I remember watching the Titanic when I was tiny and being scared of it LOL but I loved this book too! x)