LAURA KAY A Novel Review's Reviews > Just Friends With Benefits

Just Friends With Benefits by Meredith Schorr

Aug 24, 11

Read from August 15 to 21, 2011

Thirty-something year old Stephanie Cohen is looking for the love of her life and she’s afraid she may have already met him. Once upon a college campus, Stephanie had a thing for hottie Craig Hillie, but ended up dating one of his best guy pals for years. Ten years after college and she still carries a torch for him. Stephanie goes on a mission to hook up with Craig. Craig turns hers down and then comes back the next day and they hook up. Stephanie soon believes “Hillie” and her are meant to be.

Shortly after they hook up, Craig tells her they are just friends with benefits. Stephanie finally realizes this might not be good enough for her. Moving on, Stephanie ends up meeting Ryan. Ryan seems like a perfect match for her. Everything between them is going great. Well, they were going great until Stephanie and her friends get together for their week long summer vacation at the beach. Leaving Ryan behind, Stephanie goes and has lots of fun with Craig (who is showing her how much he cares) and is having lots to drink. Stephanie realizes maybe she’d been right and Craig really is the one. Believing Craig is jealous and makes a go of it, Stephanie makes a monumental decision. You’ll have to read it to see if she regrets it or gets her happily ever after!

This is a Chick Lit novel if I ever read one! Now I felt some of the language was a little crude for my personal taste, but Schorr used the language in a way to really portray the characters and lifestyle. Not my thing, but it worked. It also seemed to me the actions of Stephanie and the rest of the characters are more likely how I picture twenty year olds behave and not as much thirty year olds. However, I really really enjoyed the book! It was funny and the characters seemed so believable. I loved all the 90s pop culture and music. I couldn’t help, but sit there saying out loud, “you are delusional!” when dealing with Craig and when she met Ryan! I was so excited for her, but sadly some girls don’t see what they got when they’ve had eyes on some guy for forever ago. This is one of those books you don’t want to put down. I know I read most of it in one day!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Friends With Benefits.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy how are you liking this? it's amazing! I met Meredith several yrs ago in a meet up.com chick lit group

LAURA KAY A Novel Review Amy wrote: "how are you liking this? it's amazing! I met Meredith several yrs ago in a meet up.com chick lit group"

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm excited to see where the story goes!