Marvin's Reviews > The Kundalini Equation

Jun 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: science-fiction
Read from June 13 to 14, 2011

Dr Jekyll? The Incredible Hulk? Hannibal Lecter? Thor with a bad migraine? Adam Ludlum joins the pantheon of pissed off anti-heroes you do not want to mess with. At first he doesn't seem like much. Obese, nerdy, a failure in everything he does, and he is in the middle of losing his hot girl friend. How he ever got the hot girl friend in the first place is a mystery this book never answers. But he is about to change everything when he messes with powers no man should know.

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

Wrong out-of-control monster. But you get the idea.

Stephen Barnes' second solo novel is a lot of fun if often a little intense and slightly disorganized. Those who have only read his collaborations with Larry Niven will be impressed with his ability to weave a coherent plot out of simple ideas. The author combines martial arts, eastern mysticism, and some modern psychology into a good tale about the inner beast in us. This is a nice summer read . It may not leave you with much to think about later but you will enjoy the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kundalini Equation.

06/13 page 101
07/01 marked as: read

message 1: by Stephen (new) - added it

Stephen I have owned this for a while and have been meaning to read this. Great review. "Thor with a migraine"...nice!!

Marvin Thanks, Stephen. I just added an image to the review. Still have trouble doing that. But the image I added seems to be a natural;)

message 3: by Stephen (new) - added it

Stephen I agree. My single favorite hulk shot from the movie. By the way, on a completely different subject, I am about 25% through Fuckness and I am loving it. I wouldn't have come across that but for you so major kudos!!

Marvin Glad you like it. I wait for your review.