Lalaine *myficbookreviews*'s Reviews > Taken at Dusk

Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter

4972017
Mar 26, 12

Read from March 22 to 26, 2012

"Life's hard. Love's harder."

I was so excited when I finally was able to read this book early, and as always, CC Hunter never fails to amaze me with her story-telling, I just loved this series. And I liked the new characters and mystery she added that has kept me more interested. So the story deals with Kylie, who is trying to figure out what she really is and trying to fit where she really belong in this new world she found. Kylie seemed to grow more through out the story which is really really good. But her feelings for these two hot guys - charming fae Derek and badass werewolf Lucas- are still floating. Well if you ask me, dunno who to pick! I'm crazy over Lucas but I'm also fond of Derek. He grew on me from the second book so its kind of difficult to choose for Kylie right now. We will see how it goes, lets hope that CC would really pull this one up neatly. I also loved the side characters around Kylie, CC really did a great job creating a story that doesnt only revolves with our protagonist(self-discovery) but also extended to her supporting characters. Oh, and I really really think Della(the vampire) is a kickass. I loved her!

The plot twists were intriguing, there were a right amount of mystery, tension, laugh out loud moments, romance and emotional scenes. Overall, I really really liked this book, this is the kind of book/series that every teenagers should read, Kylie is really a great protagonist, although flawed, but great. There are more questions that needs an answers so cant wait for the fourth installment!

Lines I loved:

“Thing is, those two sort of go hand in hand. Not that you’ll ever really forget, but you accept that it happened and move on. You accept that all people make mistakes. No one is perfect.”
“And what if you can’t?” Kylie watched a bee buzz past her. “What if I can’t ever really forgive him?”
“Then you let go,” she said.

"There are no guarantees,” Kylie countered. “Not with love or with life. But we can’t go through life never taking a risk. And that’s what we are all agreeing to do. Put our hearts out there. Take a chance with a boy. We might end up hurt, but we might not.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken at Dusk.

03/22/2012
24.0% "Lucas<3"
03/25/2012
55.0% "lucas or derek?<3"