Rain Misoa's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 7

Fruits Basket, Vol. 7 by Natsuki Takaya

Jun 13, 2011

bookshelves: manga
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Recommended for: EVERYONE!!! And girls who, like, swoon over Yuki... -_-"
Read on June 13, 2011 , read count: 1

And I will never give this series anything less than a five. There. I just saved you from hanging around my nutty self and seeing what I have to rave about this time. That's right. This review is more raving and more craziness... so... just warning you now. So, let's get started!!! Oh my word!!! This volume was amazing! YES! It was amazing! You got to see another member of the Zodiac, Uo's past, and even see retarded girls fond over Yuki. Okay... so that last part was a bit annoying for me but everything else was great! I love seeing the other members of the Zodiac because they are so different from each other but all have a loving quality about them... if you're smart enough to see it, that is. Also, who doesn't like learning more about these characters? This volume went really into Uotani's past with Tohru and Kyoko. It was really moving and I just loved it.

Takaya-sensei really made me feel, "NO! NOT MY FAVORITE MANGAKA!!! IS SHE ALRIGHT!?" She tells the reader about her time in the hospital. That's right! Hospital. And it made me feel really worried. Although, seeing how she told the story, I was just glad. She has a wonderful attitude on life and it makes me happy that she's doing great. I know this happened years ago but I'm glad that during that time, nothing too bad happened to her. Her family must have been worried. It was a good story and it shows you another side to the great artist who started this series. Is it possible to love her even more because of this? Yeah. My love for her just keeps growing. I don't know how that's possible but... it is! XD The story she wrote for this volume was also sad but... it wasn't as bad as the previous volume, which was nice. I couldn't take anymore depression. XP Oh... and she's doing a fabulous job in making me want to murder Akito (more on that later).

This volume mostly centered around Hiro, Uotani, and Minagawa (although she's a small part compared to the other two). Hiro is another member of the Chinese Zodiac and he's just so cute. Well, physically... inside he's a rotten brat. I'll admit that he can be quite annoying at times... well, most of the time. But I feel that you need to have a certain level of maturity to understand his rebellious nature. I guess I understand why some children act the way they do because I'm studying the child's mentality (I won't bore you with the deets) so for me, I can sympathise with him. Growing up the way I did, I was very angry at a lot of things (myself included) for a very long time so... I suppose I related to him in a way most wouldn't. I urge you, however, don't let his actions deter you from reading this volume. He is a kind boy... you just have to look pass his flaws. Besides, he's just way too adorable with Kisa. <3 My favorite part of this volume is seeing more of Uotani's background. I love seeing how she was when she was younger and seeing how she came to meet Tohru. Her relationship with Kyoko was truly lovely and because of this "flashback," you get to know a little bit about Kyoko as well. One of the greatest back stories told so far!

Minagawa is just a pathetic schoolgirl in love with Yuki, like everyone else of the studentbody! (I don't get what they see in him. I don't think he's that amazing of a guy. Oh well... I guess I'm in the minority.) I really didn't like this part of the manga but it's not like she's a horrible character. I just think a senior who's just about ready to graduate from high school should be worrying about other things, like exams and college, instead of worrying about boys. Call me a realist. But there's other things good about this particular story! If it wasn't for this story, we wouldn't see two new characters that has nothing to do with the Zodiac join in! But that's all I'm saying about that. The other characters really didn't have big roles in this volume but you do get to see them. Like Hatori! Love him! Too bad Haru wasn't here... *Pouts* ...but Shigure does mention him and Rin! I love Rin but I can't say much on that one either. I will say this... Akito. Needs. To. Die!!! He's the cruelest, selfish, inconsiderate prick I have ever come across in a manga! >_< God damn that bastard! >_< Ugh! He makes me sick! He did something to Kisa that's just so revolting! It's... ew... I don't like him! I don't care what his reasonings are, I just want him gone! >_< Stupid curse making them not blame him. BREAK IT! BREAK IT I SAY!!!

Anyway, this volume got me a bit riled up but that's to be expected since AKITO was there. Well, not there there but... oh just read it and find out for yourself! -_-" There's a lot of things in this volume that might get on your nerves, I know it did me. However, there's so many other things that out-weigh all the annoyance that you care more for the good than the blah. That's right. It's how I speak, so deal. Anyway, I love this manga. I really do. And it's about here where everything starts going... well.. down hill... but in a good way. It makes the series more interesting and there's still quite a few characters we haven't met yet so we still have a long way to go. I'm so excited to see the other members of the Zodiac, see the current characters go through more development, and even see the romance~ I know... I want to see romance... I must have fallen on my head or something. In any case, go and read this series. It's very creative and fun. Just worth the read in my opinion! Well, see you in the next volume! Matta ne!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 7.

06/13/2011 page 1
1.0% "Whoo! Hatori is on the cover! I am soooo happy! <33333 I love this man! SOOOOO MUCH!!!! I wants to make him mine! *Giggles* Anyway, this one has yet ANOTHER character revealed~ Yes~ And I like him... he's a cute little brat! XD"
06/13/2011 page 18
9.0% "Kyo and Tohru are so cute together! I love how shy he is~ It makes me giggle~ <33333 Also, I love how he bonks her on the head. I like bonks. They are not meant to hurt, just a playful tap of letting the person know you like them when they are being silly or cute or similar things like that! XD ...why doesn't anyone bonk me on the head? Oh... yeah... I'm anti-social. XD And.... quite mean. *Sweat drop*"
06/13/2011 page 40
21.0% "Okay... so Hiro's a jerk... and a brat... and a little annoying... but then again, all boys his age are. It's only natural. That age is very awkward for boys. I should know, I wish I was. XD Anyway, he's really cute and when you get older, you understand why kids are like that. So... yeah, he can be annoying but it takes someone mature to see pass that, like Tohru did. Besides, he's cute with Kisa! <333333"
06/13/2011 page 70
36.0% "Damn that blasted Akito! What the hell is his deal!? Hurting little Kisa like that? Freaking bastard! He's the reason a lot of the Sohmas have a shitty past! I hope he dies! Just plains out dies! -_-" And Shigure mentioned Rin! Wah! She's so cool! And Haru! I'm usually-- actually, I can't say that. It's spoiler but yeah! I love them! Hiro's a brat but... I like him. He just needs to grow, that's all. ^_^"
06/13/2011 page 100
52.0% "Ah! Uotani's backstory! Yeah! I like this story of her and Kyoko. They are two of the kickass chicks alive! Oh, and we can't forget Hanajima! Doesn't she look pretty with her hair down? Gorgeous, I would say! ^_^ Also, I hate pink... but I guess Tohru would look good with it. Ah, boys are so pathetic when it comes to girl things. *Shakes head*"
06/13/2011 page 130
68.0% "Sexy boys to protect you~ I love it! <3333 I wants me a smexy~ X3 No really. I do. *Serious* But... Uo just needs love. You know what? Everyone in this manga needs love. That will make everything better! *Hugs parents* I was very much blessed with love! <333 If a bit over-protected. XP But it's still love so yay! <3"
06/13/2011 page 162
84.0% "And that's how you handle trouble. There's no need to succumb to those around you. Prove you are better. I had to learn that the hard way... *Sighs* ...but it made me that much stronger. Man, this whole series is one big trip down memory lane for me! XD But this story between Kyoko, Uo, and Tohru really is a beautiful one. ^_^"
06/13/2011 page 192
100.0% "This last chapter is not my favorite. I really despise the Yuki Fan Club. Those girls need to get a life. Especially Minagawa. I mean, she's going to graduate from high school and needs to get ready for college. Why in the world is she consuming all of her free time to Yuki? They don't even know him! >_< Girls like that really piss me off. *Groans* It's pathetic. Oh well. Still a good volume overall."

message 1: by N.T. (new)

N.T. Embe *Smiles thoughtfully* I have to say I agreed with you on a lot of the things you're feeling here. Hiro made me want to "Twitch! KICKS TO THE MOON!" in reaction after a certain point. *Laughs* But not in the serious or hurtful way, of course. Considering his family situation and how worrying but wonderful it is at the same time, this kid's reactions are 100% understandable. Plus, once he grows out of this stage, you just know he's going to be the BEST daddy/husband ever! XD And no... that's not a spoiler. That's just my Epic Future!! prediction. XDDD <3

UOTANI AND KYOKO!!! KYOKO KYOKO KYOKO!!!!!!! Let me tell you RIGHTNOW. RIIIIGHT. NOWWW. -- If you think Tohru is the most amazing female character lead, then Kyoko was just as if not even more amazing. She is... magnificent. And -her- story? Kyoko's... is... one of the greatest stories in this manga. Because it's because of her, and what she did throughout her life... that made -everything- you read about in this series possible. It's thanks to an incredibly amazing character like her that we have Tohru at all. *Smiles warmly* She makes this entire manga worth it. I can't wait for you to find out more about her! <333 It'll come MUCH later, BUT. It's worth every moment of waiting. <3

As for Minagawa, I've got to say that I couldn't stand her throughout most of the series either. But then, later on in the series, something happens and things... well. Things change, even with her a bit. *Smiles* I think after you read that, you may appreciate her more than you do now. But! For the time being, I shan't rush you! XD Enjoy being annoyed! *Pats you on the back!*

Rain Misoa Minagawa still needs a life... at least sort out her priorities because she's just pathetic right now. *Twitch*

Hiro is adorable... even if a bit annoying. I still love him and want the best for him. He just needs to grow. And yes! I agree with you. I do think he will be the best husband ever! I bet you his wife is going to have him wrapped around her little finger!!! XD Oh, man! I can't wait to see that! It's going to be epic!

As for Kyoko, I don't doubt it for a minute. I can already tell she is sexy~ And dude, there's still more I need to find out? But of course. This is Furuba. There's no way there isn't going to be more drama! XD Well, I am looking forward to that as well! *Flails* I need to continue reading then! X3

message 3: by N.T. (new)

N.T. Embe You'll be finding out stuff about Kyoko until the very last volume, I believe. *Smiles warmly* And it's just amazing. Minagawa you'll see about for yourself. Hiro? *Laughs!* He's just precious. A loud, obnoxious, wonderful kid. <3

Rain Misoa I agree to everything except Minagawa. I hate girls... they piss me off. -_-" Oh well. It's to be expected. Although, I do appreciate this series because there's so many awesome female characters... and that's super rare these days! XD

message 5: by N.T. (new)

N.T. Embe *Laughs* Isn't THAT the truth! Minagawa is weak and wishwashy. *Rolls eyes* Buuut. You don't have to see a lot of her, so that makes up for it. X3

Rain Misoa Which is always a plus for me! XD Thank God she's only a minor character. I no like! >_<

message 7: by N.T. (new)

N.T. Embe X3 I know. You've had to read some TORTUROUS stuff where characters like her were the actual FOCUS. ......I sympathize with you. *Hugs* No one should have to go through something that horrible. >_<