Lola's Reviews > The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth

The Sex Chronicles by Zane

Mar 12, 08

bookshelves: will-never-finish
Read in December, 2005

Waste of time and money! I had to buy this for class, i can't believe shit like this can actually get published. And it's not like Zane is a bad writer, i have read two other books by her that were fairly good and enjoyable. This is just a compilation of contrived sex scenes and it borded me. Bad storytelling, punctuating, everything!

The book did not have the creativity that makes a writer a writer, that something special that seperates a writer worth being published from anybody waving a pen. All the stories in this book that i read could have been writen by a high school amateur writing class. I know it is all about sex but, really, the characters did not have to be so depthless, and the sex did not have to be so cheap.

Seriously though, if you like this book and are seeking a cheap copy i will gladly sell it for $5. I take good care of all my books so it is basically new. not even creased, as i never opened it again after my class was over.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sex Chronicles.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

$Unita8f (*144*)$ Why didn't you like the book

message 2: by Lola (new) - rated it 1 star

Lola the book did not have the creativity that makes a writer a writer, that something special that seperates a writer worth being published from anybody waving a pen. all the stories in this book that i read could have been writen by a high school amateur writing class.

message 3: by Roy (new)

Roy You were assigned to read this for school???!!!!

message 4: by Lola (last edited May 18, 2008 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lola Yeah! shocking right? it was a university class on the evolution of sexuality in the literature of black women writers. We studied how black women were portrayed, objectified, and ultimately the standards they held themselves to and what others expected of their sexuality all during various time periods, with books like "Incidents in the life of a slave girl, Contending Forces, The Color Purple, Sula, Soulkiss, Breath Eyes Memory" and of course zane was the boldest of them all. I'm not mad at her daring nature, just wish she was bit more literate.

Either way, it made for very interesting class discussions, we didn't have to read the whole book - Thank God - just what the professor assigned.

Jaznee The book sucks....there is no story it's just sex, and don't get me wrong I know it's titled "sex chronicles" but I thought there was gonna be some sort of story behind this.This is coming from a 16 year old girl I mean I should love this book right ? ....well I don't I guess I just know the difference between crap and gold