thegirlinpink's Reviews > Ink Flamingos

Ink Flamingos by Karen E. Olson

Aug 15, 11

bookshelves: chic-lit, mystery
Read from June 12 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy

What’s it about? Classically trained in art turned tattoo artist and shop owner, Brett Kavanaugh, returns to solve her final mystery in the last installment of the Tattoo Shop series. In the fourth novel of the series Brett must once and for all clear her name when a rock star, who gets her tattoo exclusively from the Painted Lady shop, turns up dead from what looks like a bad tattoo and a pink ink allergy. Heartthrob and once rival, turned friend, turned lover (??) Jeff Coleman also returns to help Brett uncover the truth behind a vicious blogger and discover the identity of the tattooist who is framing Brett in series of crimes.

What I thought about it? Of course I loved it and am very sad that this is the last book in the series. I can understand where the author is coming from though…she wants to leave the characters and the series in a good place, she doesn’t want to over kill her series which can very much happen in this genre. Despite this though, I can’t help but feel disappointed, I want more. I have come to really love the characters and believe that Olson’s books have gotten better as the series has progress. I am grateful thought that at the end she gave me many things I wanted and she left things in such a place where Brett and Jeff & the Gang can be happy.

Bravo to Olsen and the amazing illustrator of these books, if not for their amazing skills I would of never picked up this hidden literally treasure.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ink Flamingos.

06/16/2011 page 109