Mary Lindsey's Reviews > Shattered Souls

Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
1324816
's review
Jun 16, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: penguin, philomel, young-adult, ghosts

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to add, rate, or review.
114 likes · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Souls.
sign in »

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dominic (new) - added it

Dominic Just a little bit;) lol. Sounds good.


Lazydazy95 This book was amazing. You are such a talented author. Keep writing!


Karli I loved this book! It was incredible! :)


Emily some of the quotes in this book have gotten a lot of attention. Some are kind of weird and creepy. Respectfully, i Iwould like to know why you decided to put these questionable quotes in this book ( I mean no offense, I am just curious)


message 5: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Emily wrote: "some of the quotes in this book have gotten a lot of attention. Some are kind of weird and creepy. Respectfully, i Iwould like to know why you decided to put these questionable quotes in this boo..."

Hi, Emily. No offense taken whatsoever. Not every reader will connect with every book. The quotes have been taken out of context, and in that light, I can see why they could appear questionable. I think the same could be done with any book. Some of the isolated quotes you are referencing are listed as people's favorites in other reviews. Every reader is different.

I appreciate and respect all reviews, regardless of the reception. I do, however, encourage people to read it for themselves rather than make a judgement based solely on reviews--this goes for favorable as well as unfavorable reviews.

I think every reader brings his or her own personal experience and preferences to the table, which is why I love Goodreads. It gives readers a comfortable venue to discuss books. As an author, it would be wrong to defend or justify my book on this site. I think the readers take care of that with their reviews and ratings. I am thrilled with the reception and ratings Shattered Souls has received, and appreciate every person who has taken the time to write a review.


message 6: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Lazydazy95 wrote: "This book was amazing. You are such a talented author. Keep writing!"

Thanks, Lazydazy95! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it.


message 7: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Eevee wrote: "I loved this book! It was incredible! :)"

Hi, Eevee. I'm glad you like it! :) Thanks for letting me know.


Emily Mary wrote: "Emily wrote: "some of the quotes in this book have gotten a lot of attention. Some are kind of weird and creepy. Respectfully, i Iwould like to know why you decided to put these questionable quot..."

Good. I'm glad I didn't come across as mean. I did read it and I enjoyed it. Thank you for your reply. :)


Karli No problem! :0 It really was a great book. :)


Vetsy Loved the book, hope there's more to come and soon.


message 11: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Vetsy wrote: "Loved the book, hope there's more to come and soon."

Thank you, Vetsy. I'm glad you liked it, and yes, there is more to come. My publisher will be releasing a second in the series.

xoxo


Rishelle Ok so first must say i loved shattered souls! I was hooked so quickly. And i was lucky that my friend got me an advanced copy.

I couldnt help but notice that you said its a series. -please dont take this the wrong way (im just saying because ive had books that i loved until the series never ended and everything just got sorta stupid) but i felt like shattered souls was a good stand alone book, the ending felt compleat; i guess im sorta asking how is it going to be a series? (i know you probably have rules that you cant say anything)but if there is anything you can tell me, a hint or clue?

And im also wondering if it is a series, how many books are you planning? -if you are able to tell me.

Thanks and please dont take this the wrong way ive just had some down hill series lately. And i do really love shattered souls.


message 13: by Mary (last edited Mar 23, 2012 10:15PM) (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Rishelle wrote: "Ok so first must say i loved shattered souls! I was hooked so quickly. And i was lucky that my friend got me an advanced copy.

I couldnt help but notice that you said its a series. -please dont ta..."


Hi, Rischelle! Thanks for the comment.

I agree with you that the ending of Shattered Souls is complete. It was truly written to stand alone.

The second book is not a sequel; it is a companion book featuring a different Speaker/Protector pair and will explore the functioning of the Intercessor Council in greater depth. Lenzi and Alden will be a part of the story, however, just not the main characters. I can't reveal a whole lot at this point, but I can tell you that it will be told from a male's point of view. :)

I really appreciate your points and am glad you felt comfortable raising them. Hopes this puts your concern to rest.

PS: I'm delighted you enjoyed Shattered Souls. Thanks for letting me know.


Rishelle Ok that helps alot thanks so much, sounds great!


Celeste I really liked Shattered Souls; because I was enjoying it so much, I couldn't put it down. It turned into a single-sitting read for me, and I've made a point of suggesting it to the friends, as a book I don't think they should miss.

Reading that a second, related book is on its way is fantastic! The many lifetimes your Speakers/Protectors spend together allows for a kind of intimacy that is beautiful. I can't wait to meet your newest characters and get caught up in their relationship.


message 16: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Celeste wrote: "I really liked Shattered Souls; because I was enjoying it so much, I couldn't put it down. It turned into a single-sitting read for me, and I've made a point of suggesting it to the friends, as a ..."

Hi, Celeste. Thanks so much for recommending Shattered Souls to your friends. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it and are looking forward to book 2.

Thank you for letting me know. You made my day!

Mary


Nicole Guevara loved it! took me a couple of hours to read,it was amazing,i loved alden :) is there going to be a sequel?


Grace I really loved your book! My friend recommended it to me an i decided to read it. I was hooked immediately and i loved it! Alden is amazing and during the end i literally started tearing over what was happening! I'm so excited for the next book! You are a very talented writer!


message 19: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Nicole wrote: "loved it! took me a couple of hours to read,it was amazing,i loved alden :) is there going to be a sequel?"

Hi, Nicole! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Yes, there will be a second book. :)


message 20: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Grace wrote: "I really loved your book! My friend recommended it to me an i decided to read it. I was hooked immediately and i loved it! Alden is amazing and during the end i literally started tearing over what ..."

Hello, Grace. Thank you for your kind words. You made my night! xoxo


Amelie It really is amazing! I really hope you write a sequel!


message 22: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Amelie wrote: "It really is amazing! I really hope you write a sequel!"

Thank you, Amelie! I'm thrilled you liked it. There will be a second book! It doesn't have a title or cover yet.

Thanks for the comment!


Zainab when does the 2nd book come out? i cant wait!


message 24: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Zainab wrote: "when does the 2nd book come out? i cant wait!"

Hi, Zainab! It doesn't have a release date. I'm hoping 2013, but my Edgar Allan Poe-based Gothic novel, Ashes on the Waves, will be released first.

Thanks for the comment.


Melissa Crook Thank you so much for making such a great book. I enjoyed this book so much. I found it in the library and liked the cover so I read it an I am so glad I did. I was really excited to find out it is a series and I can't wait to read the next book. :)


Raven Compared to all the crap writers are doing, I'm happy one of my favorite authors (aka YOU) hasn't shown up anywhere. THANK YOU!(Also, Edgar. Allan. Poe. You just outdid yourself. I can't wait to read it!) Thank You for writing! =)


message 27: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Katie *Dark Princess* wrote: "Compared to all the crap writers are doing, I'm happy one of my favorite authors (aka YOU) hasn't shown up anywhere. THANK YOU!(Also, Edgar. Allan. Poe. You just outdid yourself. I can't wait to re..."

Thanks, Katie. I appreciate your kind words. And I'm looking forward to the Poe book release too! It was a blast to write.


Raven It sounds amazing! Its been on my to read list for months! Have you read a lot of Poe? If so, what's your favorite story? (Gracias as well for actually intereacting with readers. It's very cool!)


message 29: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Katie *Dark Princess* wrote: "It sounds amazing! Its been on my to read list for months! Have you read a lot of Poe? If so, what's your favorite story? (Gracias as well for actually intereacting with readers. It's very cool!)"

I read a TON of Poe in the months leading up to writing Ashes on the Waves, Katie. I read all of his poems and short stories, many of his letters and essays (I didn't' finish his novel, though. By the time I got to it, I had read a 1,500 page anthology and two biographies. I was saturated). There are 43 quotes from his works in the book, so yes, I read a lot of Poe. In fact, I just got home tonight from Baltimore. I went there to visit his grave and the Poe house.

I have so many favorites. "Annabel Lee," ranks at the top of his poems for me, of course, since I based my book on it, but I also love "The Raven," and "Alone." Favorite short stories are Ligeia, Berenice, and The Black Cat.

Thanks for the contact. :) xoxo


Raven I have been dying to go see the Poe house. What's it like?


message 31: by Mary (last edited Sep 12, 2012 07:23PM) (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey It is small and takes very little time to see, but brings home the living conditions at the time. It's moving to see the tiny room where he and Virginia lived.


Carissa I absolutely loved your book! Especially the fact that it was set in Houston, Tx. That is where I live. So excited for the second book :).


message 33: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Carissa wrote: "I absolutely loved your book! Especially the fact that it was set in Houston, Tx. That is where I live. So excited for the second book :)."

Hi, Carissa! I'm thrilled you enjoyed the book. It was fun setting it in my hometown. xoxo

Mary


Carissa Thank you soo much for the add! :)


Samantha This book is the best book in the world, i couldn't put it down. I can't wait until the next book is out.


message 36: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Samantha wrote: "This book is the best book in the world, i couldn't put it down. I can't wait until the next book is out."

I am so happy you liked it, Samantha! I loved writing it and the next one, Fragile Spirits, was a thrill to write. Thank you for the kind words. xoxo


message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

How many books are there in this series


message 38: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Felicity wrote: "How many books are there in this series"

Jut two for now, Felicity. I'm toying with a Maddi and Race novella. I also have some chapters from Alden's point of view I might post pending my publisher's approval. :)


Diana this book was amazing... one of my favorites ,love the characters and im fascinated by the story :D AWESOME!!!


message 40: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Lindsey Diana wrote: "this book was amazing... one of my favorites ,love the characters and im fascinated by the story :D AWESOME!!!"

Aw! Thanks, Diana. You just made my day. xoxo Psst: There is a book 2 - Fragile Spirits. :)


message 41: by Diana (last edited Jul 16, 2014 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diana Aw! Thanks, Diana. You just made my day. xoxo Psst: There is a book ..."

:DDDDDDDDDDD "Fragile Spirits" is going to be my next Adventure..Thank you for writing this amazing books :DDDD


Gianna valverd I just started reading again after so much school and work stuff but OMG please keep writing because I'll read them all! I just stated reading your book " Shattered Souls" and I'm hook engross fascinated and much more! I love it so much I just notice it's 2:42 am :) Alden in my mind is just HOT! And the story is super cool. I'm into supernatural. Thank you for writing! And sharing your work with me and all of us! I wish you the best of luck in your career ~,~ thank you again! \( [£] ~ [£] )/ Happy reading!


back to top