Schnaucl's Reviews > Unquiet Dreams

Unquiet Dreams by Mark Del Franco

Mar 17, 08

bookshelves: fiction, library, read_2008, urban_fantasy, glbt, march, series
Read in March, 2008

I liked this book a lot better than the first one. It felt like its own thing rather than The Dresden Files lite.

The story was interesting, though I'm afraid that story arc about how and why Connor lost his powers is going to become annoying fairly quickly. I find my tolerance for the long drawn out story arc with little resolution is fairly low ever since X-Files. But I could be wrong. It's early yet.

It was fun to see more of Meryl. She's probably one of my favorite characters, though honestly I enjoy all the main characters, Murdock, Joe, and Connor. I think I'd like his high powered druidess friend, too, but we didn't really see much of her in this book. I liked the hint of sexual tension with Murdock in the last book, though he's straight, so nothing could come from that anyway. Still, I missed it.

I liked the introduction of Connor's brother, I think it'll be interesting to learn more about that relationship, both the history of their interaction and how Connor's loss of power will affect things.

The world continues to be very well developed. I like all of the political intrigue and I like that even as Connor tries to avoid it he starts to play the political game.

Also, Meryl kicks ass. I'm just saying. And she's exactly the kind of person Connor needs in his life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unquiet Dreams.