Dawn Michelle's Reviews > The Wright 3

The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett

Feb 11, 10

bookshelves: books-read-in-2008, books-read-in-2010, ya
Recommended to Dawn Michelle by: Read the author's first book and LOVED it!
Recommended for: Anyone who loved history and a good detective story
Read in October, 2008 , read count: 2

Another great YA book by this author!! She has such an interesting way to tell a story and you actually have to think when reading her books (which I like ~ a challenge is always good)!!

This time, Calder and Petra are joined by Calder's old friend Tommy (who has to overcome his extreme jealousy over Calder and Petra's friendship, and also has to get over his reluctance to trust ANYONE [see first book "Chasing Vermeer":])as they learn about the soon-to-be-happen tearing apart of Frank Lloyd Wright's "Robie House" (THIS is fiction..the house is truly safe and sound in Chicago).

Urged on by their teacher, the "Wright 3 (as they call themselves) have to solve problems and try and decide what is truth, what is lies and what the house itself is trying to tell them.

Really great read!! I cannot wait to read the next one!!!

YA ~ 8-14yrs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re-Read February 8, 2010
4 1/2 Stars

OH. MY. HEART!!
I totally forgot how AWESOME this book was. And how much I so want to go to Chicago and see this house in person. And see if I feel all that the kids do when they are around the house (which I am sure I will since I get all warm and fuzzy just LOOKING at pic's of the house). And as I am reading this, I realized that it was because of this book that I went and bought "Loving Frank". Which I also LOVED. I am a huge FLW fan and a book about a one of his houses is just like icing on the cake for me!!

I really love how these4 kids work together to solve problems and how they totally see the world in a completely different way.
GREAT read!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wright 3.

02/06/2010 page 50