Holly's Reviews > Never Suck A Dead Man's Hand: And Other Life (and Death) Lessons from the Front Lines of Forensics

Never Suck A Dead Man's Hand by Dana Kollmann

Mar 18, 08

Eh. Not what I was hoping for. And my god, do publishing houses simply not employ proofreaders at all anymore??!! When the author pointed out a misspelling as part of the story I almost choked, having recently read incorrect uses of their, they're and there, it's and its, and numerous other crimes against grammar.

The story also wasn't well told, the author lingered on uninteresting details, and talk about telegraphing -- you could guess her several 'surprise' story endings from a mile away. I was also disappointed that she changed so many location names since I was hoping to recognize some parts of Baltimore, but I guess that can't be helped for legal reasons.

This was kind of a waste of cash, I wish I'd gotten it from the library. Or maybe just skipped it. Too bad, the title and premise were really promising.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Suck A Dead Man's Hand.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (new)

Rose Holly, have you thought about doing a blog where you write book and film reviews? You're good at it. You might get quite a few readers that way, which might lead to something else.