Alisha (Black Nailed Reviews)'s Reviews > Reborn

Reborn by Ley Mesina

Jul 24, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult
Read from June 20 to July 05, 2011

Plot: Right off the bat, I knew that this book was going to have a unique plot. I've never thought about a feud between witches and vampires. Luckily, Mesina did an amazing job with it and actually made the feud seem possible. The penalties of witches and vampires mingling were harsh, but it made the plot more interesting. Because of the penalties, Lily thinks her parents are dead and she'll never see them again. Along with the feud, the history of the characters were very complex. Everything seemed to connect to one another. There were a few holes in some of the plots, but I let it go since I'm guessing this will be a continuing series. What you do learn from the first installment is a lot of secrets hidden from the characters, which shows that not many of the characters are purely good nor purely bad.

Characters: Lily - There are so many characters from the story that I will just stick with Lily. She is an awesome heroin because she's not used to the world she lives in and is slowly being shown the secrets of her family and world. She is a pretty powerful person because of her background, but she's not sure of what to do. However, by the end of the book, she's starting to grasp her purpose in life and what she needs to do to save the ones she loves.

Cover: Not the best cover, which is a shame since it's not giving the book any justice. It does show Lily, the main character, and her necklace. It doesn't show much about the plot either, which is also disappointing.

Overall Rating: I'm giving this book a three out of four. I loved the book and want to continue the series, but I was confused in some parts. There are some characters' purposes or history that I'm not fully clear on. But, hopefully, it clears it up in the next book. I'd give this book a try, it's very intriguing and unique.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reborn.