Sandra's Reviews > The Undertaker

The Undertaker by William F. Brown

Jun 20, 11

Read from June 12 to 19, 2011

You can find my full review of this book, plus a guest post by the author, on my blog pandareads.com

Peter Talbot is still reeling from his wife's untimely passing when he discovers someone reused his wife's obituary to cover up the death of someone else. When he discovers several deceased couples' obituaries have been abused in the same way, he cannot let it rest and sets out to find out what's going on and set it right.

When the author contacted me to review his most recent novel, he told me to pull up a beach chair and enjoy. Well, I sat inside in the air-conditioning (can you blame me, it's in the mid-90s!) but I still enjoyed it. How could I not when it was a fast paced thriller I could actually understand! Sometimes when I'm reading a book from this genre I find myself bogged down with details and characters that I don't actually care about, but The Undertaker moved so quickly without boring downtime and useless characters and details.

Aside from that, I also enjoyed that the story takes the readers all over the country as Pete tries to find out who used his wife's death for their own use. The only real problem I has with the novel is that even though Pete forms a romantic relationship with a character named Sandy, I didn't feel any chemistry between the two as I read.

So yeah, in a nutshell I would recommend this to anyone looking for a thrilling, easy mystery to read on the beach. Or your living room, if you prefer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Undertaker.

06/12/2011 page 53