Shirley 's Reviews > The Powerless Omnibus

The Powerless Omnibus by Jason Letts

Jun 26, 11

Read from June 12 to 25, 2011

I became a fan of Jason Letts when I read his Inevitable series. He has a great imagination and creates wonderfully unique worlds that are very easy to get caught up in.
I have to admit that it took me a while to get into the pace of these books, but once I did, I wasn't sorry that I continued reading.
Mira is a very complex character. Because her parents kept her isolated as a child, she finds herself as an outsider in a group of friends that have been together since they were very young. Her parents were trying to protect her because she is the only one in their world that wasn't born with a special power. Each book in this 3 book series gives Mira a new challenge to face and overcome. She doesn't always handle herself with grace or tact, but what teenager does? Through all of her many trials she learns some important life lessons and gains strength that she didn't know that she had.
There are still 2 more books in the series. I haven't read them yet, but when I got to the end of this 3 book series I knew that I had to find out how Mira and her friends continue their battle.
All of the characters in this series are so well developed and experience such deep hardship that it isn't hard to sympathize with all of them, even the ones you really thought you were supposed to despise.
If you like adventure, fantasy, science fiction with a lot of action and some surprising twists, don't miss this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Powerless Omnibus.