Jenny's Reviews > Married with Zombies

Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen

861924
Jun 12, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2010

The tag line says it all: The couple who slays together slays together.

LOL! Hilarious! Sarah and David are a Seattleite married couple on the verge of divorce after six unsuccessful months of couples therapy. On the way to what may be one of their last therapy sessions before the inevitable D word takes place, they notice that the normal downtown Seattle traffic is unusually sparse... as is their therapist's office. Where's the security guard? Or the receptionist? Annoyed at the rude lack of punctuality by their therapist, they walk in her office to find her essentially "eating" her last clients. The next thing you know, Sarah and David are battling a zombie apocalypse.

Married With Zombies was a fun and comical story that was a mix of the movies Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Shaun of the Dead (or maybe just that and Dawn of the Dead). This was a quick, short read that was a fun departure from all the seriosity (yes, I made that word up) that we often read and/or deal with in real life.

Each chapter is titled with a piece of "marriage advice" related to Sarah and David's situation at hand. For example, Chapter 2 is entitled "Balance the workload in your relationship. No one person should be responsible for killing all the zombies." I enjoyed each and every one of these titles, as well as reading the situations that filled each of the chapters.

This is actually the first book in a series called Living With the Dead. The second in the series, Flip This Zombie comes out in January 2011. You know, I might have to take back what I said when reviewing The Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Dead Tossed Waves that I wasn't a zombie person.... because I really, really liked this book too!!

Taken from my blog at www.takemeawayreading.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married with Zombies.