Corey's Reviews > The Swan House

Jun 21, 11

bookshelves: kindle, read-in-2011
Read from June 12 to 22, 2011

** spoiler alert ** ** hidden due to mild spoilers **

+ I liked the main character a lot, I think that if Mary Swan was a real person and a peer, we'd have been friends.

+ The bones of this story are good.

+ I love when novels tie in historical events, i.e. the Orly plane crash.

- I am with the previous reviewer that the title of this novel is a bit off. I'm guessing it's because she finds herself in the end but still... an odd choice. However it does make me want to go see the house someday.

- I hate when books endings aren't wrapped up. I don't know if this is because there is a possible second story in the works or what but I wanted to know for sure who Mary Swan married. Where did Carl wind up? What about Rachel? I hate when you get invested in characters and then they are left off in the end. There was an epilogue, I wish that there was just another 10 pages to finish the story out.

- The first third of the book is a good average teenage caper-ish novel. Then Jesus gets tossed into the mix and it's kind of out of left field. I can't decide if it was right or too much - it's right on the border. Hence the 3 stars. I'm leaning towards 3.5 but... eh.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Swan House.

06/13/2011
15.0% "Wow so far I really like this!"