Mike's Reviews > Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me: A Memoir. . . of Sorts

Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me by Ian Morgan Cron

Jun 12, 2011

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read from June 12 to July 06, 2011

"Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me" (A memoir of sorts), is a life story of the author, Ian Morgan Cron.

Cron, an Episcopal Minister, takes the reader on a ride of Ups and Downs as he tells the story of his life. Usually, I have found, memoirs of this sort, tend to be of interest to the writer and to their family, however, Cron has woven a story that once picked up, the reader can not put it down.

I found my self laughing and crying (depending on the situation), while reading through this memoir. As Cron states a memoir is what we remember and how we remember the times of our lives. No one can remember every little detail of their lives, but how it is remembered and the way Cron writes his memoir is captivating. He has a wonder way of pulling the reader into the story and keeping them there.

Cron speaks in detail about his struggles with his Faith, his father's life, drunkenness and actions. He also learns of his father's involvement with the CIA. All this while growing up in the affluent community of Greenwich, Connecticut. Cron does not leave any thing out regarding his own feelings in this story. He spares nothing in bringing his life alive in the readers mind.

What I learned from this story is that nothing is impossible and that our faith and closeness to God can and will prevail.

I was able to read and review this selection, through the kindness of Booksneeze/Thomas Nelson Publishing, and thank them for this opportunity. I would like to send out a special Thank You to Ian Cron for writing and sharing this memorable story. "Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me is a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me.