♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > The Scientist and the Supermodel

The Scientist and the Supermodel by Tara Lain

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: m-m, erotica, menage, the-romance-reviews
Read in June, 2011

The Scientist and the Supermodel review on The Romance Reviews.

The most beautiful man in the world falls for the brainy geneticist, Jake. This is where it all started. In this story, the prequel to Genetic Attraction, we learn how Jake and Roan meet. Jake is at the science convention where he crosses path with Roan in a hotel bar. The two fumble with each other, trying to come to terms with a relationship they can both accept.

This story is filled with misconceptions, assumptions and pain. Jake isn't the loving and self-assured lover in Genetic Attraction. Instead, he's just learning he may be attracted to men even though he's dated women all his life. He's still wrestling with his unrequited love with his boss, Emmaline, when Roan blows into his life like a category five tornado.

Jake's stupid male antics make me want to hit him over the head. His unintentional careless words and actions cut little tiny slices into Roan's lovely warm heart. I'm surprised Roan doesn't slowly die from internal bleeding. After a few of the stunts Jake pulls, I wanted to kill him, not unlike Roan's friends. Jake's struggle with his sexual identity places everyone unwillingly on a roller coaster ride. Roan, on the other hand, is a lovely and much abused man who despite all odds, still sees the best in people and gives many second chances.

I loved this story. The realistic responses from each of the characters pulled me in. Ms. Lain has a way with showing the flaws of her characters and then flip them upside down. Her male on male sex is hot and not what I expected. The surprise threesome was pivotal in the story and necessary, despite the grief it caused. I recommend this book to people who like a happily for now story with a guaranteed happily ever after in the book detailing Jake, Roan and Emmaline's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scientist and the Supermodel.