Chana's Reviews > Whirlpool

Whirlpool by Elizabeth Lowell

Nov 21, 12

bookshelves: not-for-kids, romantic-suspense, action-thriller, american, released-through-bookcrossing
Read on June 12, 2011

I think it would have been a much better book without the adult scenes which made the book crude and somewhat idiotic in my opinion. It wasn't bad as a romance or a spy thriller but I was grimacing in distaste at the author's adult scenes. And it was an awfully long book for what often seemed like little content. In fact, I was going to give it a 2 rating but then I liked the ending so was generous and gave it a 3.
The story line basically is that a Faberge Imperial Egg has gone missing from a shipment of Russian art destined for an exhibit in Los Angeles. An organization called Risk Limited is hired by the Russians to find the missing egg. In the meantime, a man mails his daughter a package. When she opens it, she finds the Faberge Egg. Shortly thereafter her father shows up, takes the egg and says you never saw it, forget about it. But she can't. She worries about her father, an agent of Risk Limited shows up at her house, then assassins show up at her house. Add in the billionare who built the museum which will exhibit the Russian art and you have the 'whirlpool' of characters and action that make up the story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whirlpool.