Kiki's Reviews > Broken: A Paranormal Romance

Broken by David H. Burton

Jun 12, 11

I know I say this a lot, but once I read and like an author’s book, when I read the next one, I kind of hold the author up to a certain standard. In this case, David H. Burton had quite a challenge ahead of him because his novel, Second Coming, was one of the best books I read last year. Even though Broken is quite a different type of story, I was not disappointed in the least!

The depth of character Mr. Burton creates is just one of the wonderful things about his writing. His heroes and heroines are fully fleshed out, as well as many of his supporting characters. In this story, Katherine is just that, broken, but never defeated. Just days before her 25th birthday, she is immersed into a new world of faeries, one hidden for a long time from her. Yet, she meets the challenges of learning and surviving this world head-on. With romantic entanglements and all, I promise you that you will keep turning the pages.

Another thing David is just brilliant at is creating a world of his very one. Clear and fantastic descriptions only heighten the well-devised rules of his fictional universe, full of a rich history, a unique setting, and strong creatures. While his story captures you, it also is easy to follow while leaving the reader with enough questions to keep reading. Without giving anything away, just let me say Mr. Burton will surprise you time and again. The phrase, I didn’t see that coming, entered my mind a couple of times. So, obviously, plot, another strength!

Really, David H. Burton is truly gifted, an extraordinary author I am grateful to have found.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.