Everybookhasasoul's Reviews > The Valley of Heaven and Hell - Cycling in the Shadow of Marie-Antoinette

The Valley of Heaven and Hell - Cycling in the Shadow of Mari... by Susie Kelly

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2011, for-review, kindle
Read in May, 2011 — I own a copy

This book was enchanting andhad me hooked in from the first page. It contains just the right balance of the past and the present information for the novel to actually work.

It was an interesting novel and brought the reader to small villages within rural France that are unknown to the rest of the world. It was interesting to learn about Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI in stages through out the novel. It is easy for the reader to feel pain for the author as she takes us on her journey through France on a bike and I have a lot of admiration for the author and what she has achieved. Through this novel I have learnt a lot about the French Revolution and what life was like in rural France. I felt like I had been on a bike riding alongside the author as she was telling the story. This book is excellent for the traveller inside everyone.

I highly recommend this book to people who want to learn about the historical and the present France but who don’t want to leave the comfort of their own home.

This review was first published on http://everybookhasasoul.wordpress.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Valley of Heaven and Hell - Cycling in the Shadow of Marie-Antoinette.