Jessica `~Blahyze~`'s Reviews > Breaking Point

Breaking Point by Pamela Clare

Sep 28, 11

bookshelves: favourites, books-i-own
Read from September 27 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy

Natalie has experienced so much pain in her past with the loss of her fiancé Beau and her parents in a car crash on the way to get her from the hospital, stuck in the grief, unable to move on. She is a journalist and while in Mexico she is captured and held prisoner by the Zetas, notorious for their brutality which is where she comes in contact with a fellow prisoner Zach, who had been betrayed which led to him being there. Together they help each other deal with the situation they find themselves in, Zach helping Natalie with her claustrophobia and Natalie helping Zach find the strength to get through the pain he faces from being stuck there for six days. After her spilling her heart about her past and the things she has experienced Zach gives her some sound advice;

“Unable to do anything else to help her, Zach gave her the only advice he could. “I know it’s hard, but you need to stay focused on what’s happening now. Do whatever it takes to survive. Do you hear me, Natalie? Just survive”.

I love Natalie’s initiative, she isn’t just about to sit back and wait for death to come her way, and she has courage, she is strong within herself. I like how Zach is heroic and despite the trauma he faces, he just wants to see Natalie safe, the trust they both develop for each other keeps them alive, though it is tested on a few occasions. They both finally manage to escape from the Zetas thanks to Natalie, now they are on the run together and the sexual tension between them heats up. When they are both finally safe, it is time for them both to return home to their separate lives, which is especially heartbreaking for Natalie after all Zach had done for her;

“How strange it was that a week ago she hadn’t even known this man. She’d been a ghost then, drifting, hollow, numb. Then Zach had spoken to her out of the darkness, saving her, making her feel again, bringing her back to life. And now he was going to leave her world as abruptly as he’d entered it.”

They are finally reunited again after a car bomb was planted in Natalie’s car, Zach rushes to make sure she is alive and unharmed. This book sucked me in right from the get go. The character, the plot, the way it was written, everything about it captured me.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Point.

09/28/2011 page 80