Patty LeBlanc's Reviews > An Unlikely Suitor

An Unlikely Suitor by Nancy Moser

Jun 22, 11

Read from June 11 to 16, 2011

Charlotte Beck, what a character! She is a spoiled rich young woman who often gets what she wants. As such, every time she meets a certain wealthy Englishman named Alex Hambly she finds herself getting into some kind of trouble. She is very stubborn and self-absorbed, and everything she does is to please herself without any care to what anyone else thinks. Her father has had enough of her antics and decides that he will arrange a marriage with this certain Englishman by the name of Alex Hambly. The marriage will benefit both families, so her father approaches Alex with the idea. After much consideration and deliberation, he agrees only because his family is in need of the money that this marriage would provide him also. He is not very happy about it and neither is Charlotte. So, they both have plans to get the marriage annulled as soon as possible. As time goes on, situations arise that make each of them wonder whether they made the right decision. What will come of this marriage?

Another great historical romance. I haven't read anything by this author, but I really did enjoy her characters. Unfortunately, I didn't realize there were two other books in this series, but I believe they could be read separately anyway. Sometimes it is just fun to have a little bit more background on the characters from previous books in a series.

I would definitely recommend this book. I myself will be going backwards and reading the first two books of this series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Unlikely Suitor.

06/11/2011 page 10

Barbara I think you posted this review under the wrong book. I think you were actually reviewing "The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck" by Kathleen Y'Barbo