kelly Fuller's Reviews > The Time-Traveling Fashionista

The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky

Jun 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011

Oh, girls.... you are gonna love, love, love this one!
The Time Traveling Fashionista is the PERFECT YA novel for girls. It has everything! An adventurous story? Yep! Full color illustrations of fabulous clothes? Uh-huh. Time Travel? Yeppers. Mysterious characters who keep you guessing? Yes! A main character any girl can identify with? Sure! There is even a history lesson included in this majorly addictive novel. Seriously, it has everything! And best of all! It's going to be a series! Yay! More awesome-ness to come! (that's totally a word, shut up.)

Louise Lambert is a girl who loves clothes. But she's not a "head-to-the-mall-and-buy-anything-Abercrombie" kinda girl. Louise likes the good stuff. She goes for vintage. Louise loves classic black and white movies and the glamorous actresses that star in them. But most of all, she loves the fashion. She searches Goodwill and thrift stores, finding a few special pieces that she cherishes above all the name brand modern clothing her mom buys her. Louise can't believe her luck when she receives a mysterious invitation to a Traveling Vintage Clothing Sale. The sale, run by two very strange and eccentric women, seems way to good to be true. What's their secret? Louise learns the answer when she tries on a magnificent pink gown and finds herself transformed, in more ways than one.

I truly enjoyed The Time Traveling Fashionista. Bianca Turetsky is great at mixing modern culture with history. The storyline flows effortlessly, never boring the reader with unessential information. The thirty full color fashion illustrations are beautifully done. I truly cannot find one thing I didn't like about this book. Ms. Turetsky, I think you're gonna be a sensation!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Time-Traveling Fashionista.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Steph I agree -- THE sensation! I DEVOURED this book :)