Amber's Reviews > Kitty's Greatest Hits

Kitty's Greatest Hits by Carrie Vaughn

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, paranormal
Read from July 09 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy

I liked this book but not as much as a regular Kitty novel. Kitty's greatest hits contains 14 short stories. 5 stories include Kitty, 3 are about Cormac, 2 include Ricardo. T.J., Angeline, Alette and Daniel the lion shifter all have a story each.
My favourite 5 stories are, Il est Ne, Princess of Spain, Conquistador de la Noche, Temptation of Robin Green, and Kitty and the Mosh pit of the Damned.
I liked Il est Ne because the story includes Kitty and shes in her element. She forgets all her troubles as soon as she has someone else to take care of.
I really enjoyed Princess of Spain because it takes place during my favourite time of English history.
Conquistador de la Noche is a story of Rick's beginnings as a vampire.
Temptation of Robin Green was a story about a selkie. I would really like to know how Rick ended up locked up by the Centre of Paranormal Biology.
Kitty and the Mosh pit of the Damned seemed like it could have been expanded into a plot for a regular novel.
All in all I enjoyed this book enough to get it from the library but not nearly enough to spend $16.99 for a paperback. Although I won an uncorrected advance copy it has the prices listed at the back and I thought it too much for a collection of short stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty's Greatest Hits.