Wendy Darling's Reviews > Night Beach

Night Beach by Kirsty Eagar

I am creeped out, but conflicted. 3.5 stars, I think? This needs some consideration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Beach.

09/06/2012 page 132
40.0% "Three-year-olds are creepy. :-(" 15 comments

Christina (A Reader of Fictions) Hahaha, I will wait for your review to see if this is a thing I need to read. I have NO idea what it's about, but I know it has a creepy child thanks to you.

Wendy Darling It's described as "sea-gothic," Christina, although I think it's a pretty traditional horror/thriller, albeit with a surf culture setting. I'd have to think on who the audience for this particular book is.

message 3: by jo (new) - rated it 2 stars

jo mo definitely not eagar's best work, i'm curious as to what genre her next work will be..

Siddhee It is an amazing book. Best read it at night!

Karina Halle I've had this on my bookshelf for a while...think I'll read it this weekend. I like the sounds of a sea-gothic :)

Wendy Darling The raw material is great, Joe, but it's one of those situations where I think a couple more drafts would have made this one much better.

I read most of this at night, Siddhee, and I agree--creepy stories are always more fun that way. :)

I like this sea-gothic idea, would love to see more authors doing this, Karina!

message 7: by jo (new) - rated it 2 stars

jo mo i was .. disappointed in what happened to night beach. perhaps this is just one of those books that i grow fond of, after re-reading it. or at least more appreciative ..

message 8: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Where do I find this book,it's not on amazon

Wendy Darling That's mighty generous of you, Joe. ;)

Night Beach is an Aussie YA book that has to be ordered overseas at this point, Beth. Here it is Fishpond.com.au, with free international shipping.

message 10: by jo (new) - rated it 2 stars

jo mo i can't tell over a comment without a simultaneous facial expression whether you're being sarcastic or not. so i'll say the following: thank you, wendy! :)

Wendy Darling Hah hah, no! I meant it in all seriousness. I liked this one a lot, but I don't think the issues I had with it would be resolved with a second reading.

message 12: by jo (new) - rated it 2 stars

jo mo Wendy Darling wrote: "Hah hah, no! I meant it in all seriousness. I liked this one a lot, but I don't think the issues I had with it would be resolved with a second reading."

ah, i see. (or rather i'll "read" about it after your review)

message 13: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Darn:(

message 14: by Sesana (new)

Sesana Sea-gothic? Well, I'm fascinated. Can't wait to see your review!

Highwind I'm mostly disappointed, I must say, but curious about your review.