Louise's Reviews > Effie At The Wedding

Effie At The Wedding by Tracy Marchini

F_50x66
Jun 11, 11

Although this is an entertaining read, I think to describe it as a book would be stretching it a little, it is a short story, more of the length you would see published in a magazine. To give you an idea of the size, I read this in the 15 minutes I was queuing to get my nails done - and I still had time to spare!!

Don't let the length put you off, Effie at the Wedding is only 70p and it is an entertaining read, Marchini has a fabulous sense of humour which really shines through. The centre of this novel is the wedding of Effie's sister, Ophelia, Ephie is a bridesmaid and is less than impressed with the dress she has been asked to wear. She also shares with us her feelings about various members of her family, in a very short space of time she manages to paint a very vivid and funny picture of her nearest and dearest.

The one thing that I really didn't like about this was the volume of lists produced, I know that this was meant to be a character trait (it is mentioned by her sister) but in a full length novel this would have played out fine but in a short story there really were too many.

For the same price as a chocolate bar Effie at the Wedding is a story to lift your mood (which I really needed when I read this). If Marchini releases a full length novel I'll definitely be buying it as I think it will be a read to rival Helen Fielding.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Effie At The Wedding.