Denise's Reviews > The Bride

The Bride by Julie Garwood

Jun 11, 11

Read in June, 2011

This has to be one of my all time favorite books. I was reading a different novel that while very interesting it is about a time in history that I am not overly familiar with and for some reason seemed to be taking me forever to read. I wanted something to give me a break and make me smile when I remembered The Bride. This has recently been released in a Kindle edition and after receiving the update for it, I wanted to add it to my library since my paperback is getting very tired. The Bride is about an arranged match between the King of England and the King of Scotland ordering the marriage between a Scottish warlord and English miss. It is a roller-coaster of laughs and tears. The Bride was an incredibly quick read and left me feeling happy inside. There is a forward by Julie Garwood in this edition of the book where she explains when she started writing this book the publisher told her that humor would not go over well and she tried and tried but had to include it in the story. I am so glad she did. This is one of my favorite rereads and I am sure I will come back to it again and again. There are two other titles by Ms. Garwood that take place at about the same time in history that I also love and am waiting for the kindle edition to be released. The Secret and Saving Grace are both tender and humorous reads that I love to return to again and again to lift of my spirits.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride.