cindy's Reviews > The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones

Jun 13, 11

bookshelves: favorites, books-in-1-and-0, gn-sandman
Read from June 11 to 13, 2011

Definetly my fav books!!

I thought Sandman was a collection of short stories about human and other cratures that being told here and there, inconsequential and delirious, but after reading these, I realized that there were a red thread among all stories. It began with Preludes and Nocturnes when The Dream King aka Morpheus was kidnapped, built its foundation in Doll's House and Dream Country, choosen a path in Season of Mist, got kick in a Game of You, filled so more details in Fables and Reflections, and then down to this book, The Kindly Ones when he took the consequences af all his deed and resposibility. The stories was very well tied together since the beginning, but you couldn't see what it was until the very end.

Once again it was a great story telling from Gaiman (and a lot of illustrators!) and the ending was so touching yet so firm. If only I had one bad review, it was the forever changes pencillers and inkers and colores. I loved the first graphics by Drigenberg and Keith and Malcolm Jones, specially the twinkled-twinkled little stars in his eyes, which diseapeared in other illustrators. But other that that, Sandman is GREAT story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sandman, Vol. 9.

Quotes cindy Liked

Neil Gaiman
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”
Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones