Angela's Reviews > The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss

The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss by Dr. Seuss

Jun 10, 11

bookshelves: art, non-fiction, summer-reads-2011, library-book
Read on June 10, 2011

I love a good art book and I often pick them up from the library to browse through, but I've never reviewed one, simply because I just don't feel qualified! However, this one was so much fun and so different that I just had to share.

If you are a fan of Dr. Seuss, you will love this simple picture book, filled will all sorts of strange delights!

A few of my favorites:

1. Oh, I'd Love to Go to the Party, But I'm Absolutely Dead (p. 26)
2. There They Stood Exactly as They Were Created (p. 28)
3. Gosh!, Do I Look as Old as That! (p. 45)
4. Green Cat with Lights (p. 58)
5. Untitled (p. 86-87)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss.

Greta is Erikasbuddy That sounds neat!

Did Dr. SUess draw all those pictures or were they inspired by his stories.

Yes, I could read the description of the book but I choose to make you type it out ;) I'm evil like dat

Angela I like your evil ways. The paintings/drawing are all Dr. Seuss originals. There's a little blurp in the front of the book and then just pages of his work. Some characters showed up (like Horton) but for the most part it was stuff I'd never seen in one of his books. And we pretty much own all his books!

Greta is Erikasbuddy Oh that's neat!!

Dr. Suess was my Mom's favorite author. My grandma hated him because she said he just filled the kids' heads with nonsense... which I think just made my Mom want to read him more ;)

Westcoast_girl Your #1 favourite is one of my favourite too. ('Oh I'd Love to Go to the Party But I'm Absolutely Dead)

Angela Yay! It's such a fun book. *high-five*