Kana's Reviews > The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics by Jessica Porter

Oct 19, 11

bookshelves: chic-lit, health-and-diet, educational-or-textbook
Read from June 10 to 15, 2011

I have to agree with several reviewers, where this book was nifty but it focused more on the yin/yang ("Mathematical cooking" - They used this term, and I have to admit I found that cool.)
I didn't buy this so much to be told how to chew my food and focus on the sensation of the food's energy entering my body and the energy of the room. Or that I'm not allowed to stir my rice when running water over it, because I will disrupt the vibe of the rice. Though kind of cool to know, it wasn't really what I had in mind. I wanted more of a scientific examination as to why macrobiotics is healthy for you. I was halfway through the book before she even touched on the topic of foods, and the book does include some recipes so that's a plus.
I will keep researching the topic, as I believe it is a healthy alternative, but just be cautious when purchasing this book. It's more about 'feeling your food' then understanding why it works better than fast food.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics.

06/14/2011 page 20