Elizabetta's Reviews > Among the Living

Among the Living by Jordan Castillo Price

May 08, 12

Read from May 06 to 07, 2012

This story has an interesting premise. I honestly think this is what is selling this book so strongly given all the glowing reviews on GR. Because the character development and interaction between Vic and Jacob just don't completely work for me. Vic seems very blase about his 'talent' - waiting and waiting for him to finally USE it. Then, Jacob is all over him from the get-go. Why? Dunno!! Vic is a slob, is barely dealing with his psychic ability, has no life, walks around in a drug-infused haze most of the time, seems to have a lackadaisical view of his job -- he's worked with Maurice for YEARS and still wonders if the guy has guessed whether he's gay...really? And to top it off, Jacob finds all of this smexy. Oh well, I'll read another one hoping for more, hoping it'll come together but working real hard here... Maybe the problem is I don't do well with very short stories which usually fall way short when trying to set up a sophisticated story-line. (Really the problem is I've just gotten off the high of reading Dani Alexander's "Shattered Glass" - a pretty hard act to follow IMHO)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Living.