Melinda's Reviews > First Spell: Book 1 of the Bayou Witches

Sep 22, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 01 to September 20, 2011 — I own a copy

OK. First and foremost, my apologies to Ms. Huesmann for taking so long to read her book. I really appreciate her sending me this first reads book and look forward to obtaining her next book in the series.

I have finished and can't believe she left me hanging!!! I initially had a hard time getting into the book; however, by the 1st 3rd I was hooked and soooo wanted to finish in one sitting, but life has a way of interrupting the things we really want to do.

There are many questions left open in this book:
1) What the heck happened to Eloise?
2) Why is Todd so bitter and what is his connection with Eloise? Does he really care about her or is there an ulterior motive?
3) What about Collin? Where does he fit into all this? Side note, I do LOVE the fact that he is head of the coven!
4) What is Tam up to?
5) What are the elders hiding?
6) Will Eloise ever come to grips with her coven or will she remain bitter and, excuse me, continue to be such a bitch to everyone?

There is a lot of confusion in this book as to the past and how it is molding the future. But all-in-all, I did enjoy reading this book and look forward to the next in the series (especially with such a cliff hanger at the end).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Spell.

09/08/2011 page 129
60.0% "OK. Small rant! I will be glad when my life gets back to normal and I can spend more time reading! I miss it!

This is a 1st reads book and it took me a while to get into it (maybe because I haven't been able to sit long enough); however, now that I'm moving along, I'm really intrigued by the story. I'm eager to find out what the elders are going to do to the teens. I'll update when I finish."