Sally Wolf's Reviews > Odd Hours

Odd Hours by Dean Koontz

Jun 11, 2011

The saga of Odd Thomas continues in this compelling novel that takes Tod to the Ocean to save a young pregnant women. Along the way he befriends an old actor, a scared lady and a woman who like himself feels the twinge to help people. With a little help from a Ghost dog and Frank Sinatra, Odd is in a race to stop a group of bad men that are intent on making a quick buck no matter how many lives are lost as a result. I would have to say that Dean Koontz really knows this character every page comes alive in your hands and you can't help but stroking each page to move faster to find out what happens next. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes, humor, fantasy, horror, and a good old fashion book that you want to read over and over.

On a side note I hate that authors have to be labeled. Dean Koontz is labeled horror but I would not really classify Odd Thomas Horror and a lot of people are not reading it because they think that it is horror. Granted there is death in there shooting and stabbings but it is not really gory or over the top. The Odd Thomas series is very funny. If you don't like Horror then don't read Intensity but if you like a good amount of humor and can stand a few shootings then Odd Thomas is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Hours.